Periodontist Tom Wilcko developed Wilckodontics
WILCKODONTICS – AOO (Accelerated Osteogenic Orthodontics)
Wilckodontics is 3 to 4 times faster than conventional orthodontics.
av. usd $10000~15000/case
1. More bone is produced around teeth than before ortho case started.
This leads to the most beneficial result – greater stability than traditional orthodontics.
2. Increase in bone mass allows for subtle improvements in facial appearance and pro
3. Three (3) to eight (8) months is the time for a typical orthodontic case completion.
The following benefits are unique to these procedures:
· faster tooth movement
· most orthodontic cases can be treated 3 to 4 times faster!
· improved periodontal support, both gum and bone support for the teeth
· improved stability of the orthodontic correction
· reduction of root resorption sometimes seen in adult orthodontic therapy
· tooth movement is less painful
Because of the dense nature of bone, it changes very slowly. By performing a minor periodontal procedure, the dense bone is softened which accelerates the process. The softened bone then allows the teeth to move to their new position more quickly. Braces and specialized Wilckodontics appliances are required to move the teeth. On
During this procedure, a few small incisions are made, and an antibiotic saturated bone-grafting material is placed under the gums. The graft is placed over the areas where the bone needs to be softened. This allows for easy tooth movement. The newly formed supporting bone will aid in holding the straightened teeth.
Wilckodontics combines two major philosophies of orthodontics. The mechanical nature referring to the brackets and wires, and the biological/augmentative nature referring to the bone and gums around the teeth. The amalgamation of these philosophies has resulted in a new orthodontic treatment name the Accelerated Osteogenic Orthodontics? (AOO?) procedure
Occlusion and Orthodontics(pp内最末端有wilckodontics介绍) Non-Surgical Alveolus Development and Tissue Engineering forDentofacial Orthopedics: Clinical and Histological Evidence ofEfficacy of Series 2000о Appliances